Not exactly an FAQ, but more of a need-to-know. Be aware of the scams that have been going around the US so that you are on your A-game 100% of the time when it comes to protecting yourself, your information, and your money. The link below offers insight to some of the commonly used scams:
How do I sign up for online banking?
- Simple! Go to the SMW Homepage, on the left hand side you will see a sign-in area. Directly underneath you will see a prompt that will allow you to Enroll. Click on that, and it will walk you through step by step how to enroll and what guidelines to follow.
What should I do if I suspect/notice fraud on my account?
- Go through your transaction history on Online Banking. If you do not have online banking, call the Credit Union. We will look at your account with you and verify all charges you made and which charges you haven’t. We will then go through the dispute process and fill out all proper forms with you. Your card will be closed immediately and a new one will be ordered. If this takes place after hours, we have an after-hours help line- 800-535-8440. Make sure to also follow up with the Credit Union during operating hours so that we can make sure everything is completely processed.
How do I order checks?
- Call the credit union and speak to an employee, we will verify information from you directly and get checks ordered for you in a couple minutes.
How do I make a payment online?
- If you are wanting to make a loan payment online, you have 2 options. You can log into Online Banking and go to the QuickPay tile, it will walk you through the steps.
- You can also go to the SMW Homepage; in the top right-hand corner there is a tab called “QuickPay”. Select that and it will prompt you through the payment steps.
How do I set up an External Transfer?
- External transfers can be set up on a desktop/laptop/mobile device through your online banking. Log into your account and select “All Services” at the top of the page and then go to the Transfers tab. You will want to choose “External” from the list and enroll. Once you complete the enrollment, you will enter in the Routing and Account information corresponding with your other Financial Institution. The first time you initiate a transfer, there will be a test deposit/withdrawal in the other financial institutions account. The test amounts can sometimes take up to 1-2 days to post, but once they do so, you will need to verify them on the SMW side. Log in on a device and go to the Transfers tab again. This time, select the Accounts tab, and at the top you should see a pending transfer that will say “Pending Verification”. Verify the amounts and submit. After this process, you will be able to transfer funds externally on the mobile app as well as a desktop/laptop.
What is the difference between “Available” and “Current” funds in my accounts?
- The current balance in your account will show all funds, however the available balance will show what’s available for withdrawal. For example: If you have $300.00 in your account, but $40.00 is pending, your available funds for withdrawal will be $260.00.
How do I get a New or Replacement Debit card?
- If you never received/wanted a debit card, but you now want one you can always call the credit union or stop in and we will get one ordered for you. If you need a replacement card because yours has been lost or damaged, we can also order a new one by calling the credit union or stopping into a branch.
How do I get a larger balance on my Visa Credit Card?
- If you are wanting the limit raised on your SMW Visa Credit Card, you must re-apply. You can do this in person and we can fax the application with the request for a higher balance at either branch. You can also apply online.
What is the difference between a cashier’s check and a personal check?
- A cashier’s check differs from a personal check because the funds are guaranteed. We cut the check from your account directly and the funds are immediately withdrawn. A personal check can be written whether the funds are guaranteed or not.
How do I pay my Union Dues?
- There are quite a few options to pay your Dues. You can always stop into a branch or call and have us print a cashier’s check made out to the Union Hall directly from your account. You can also sign up for automatic withdrawals for your Dues. In order to qualify, you must have a membership at SMW and have either a S1 Share Account or a Checking account in which the funds can be withdrawn. You also must be paid ahead two months for your dues. If the money isn’t available when the hall requests the funds, you will be immediately removed from the Automatic Dues list and will be responsible for paying your Dues on time.
How do I update my Personal Information?
- To update any information, you must fill out a form stating the change and provide a signature for the request. A credit union employee will then update the information. The form and signature is to protect you from someone else updating your information without permission.
- You are also able to update most information in your Online Banking, such as address, phone number, etc.
Non-Member Vac/Holiday Funds, How can I get my money?
- If you're a member of the Local 10 and have a Non-Member Vac/Holiday account with SMW, you are eligible to receive an ATM card for easy withdrawal of the funds in your account.
- You can also open up a FREE Checking account with SMW that pays 1.75% APY* (https://www.smwfcu.com/) and become eligible for a Debit card, and multiple other offers within the Credit Union.
- Questions? Call us at 651-747-1500.