Use your phone or tablet to manage money anywhere — even take selfies (ahem, pictures) of your checks to deposit them fast.
- Fast, free, and secure service for members enrolled in online banking*
- Available to personal and business customers
- Easily keep track of your finances — even on the go:
- View account balances
- Review history
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Receive alerts
- Pay bills
- Available via any web-enabled cell phone or device
- Utilize this service three convenient ways:
- Save valuable time and effort; avoid an extra trip to a branch
- Deposit checks anytime, anywhere from your mobile phone
- Free service for customers with an SMW FCU checking account
- Save time, avoid unnecessary trips to a branch
- Deposit your check in just a few quick clicks:
- Log in to the SMW FCU Mobile Banking App
- Select “Check Deposit” from the options menu
- Important! Make sure the check is properly endorsed:
- ON THE FRONT write "RDC" (Remote Deposit Capture) to the left of the date field
- ON THE BACK sign the check and write "For RDC Only”
- Show an image of a check with the items above on the front and back
- Snap a picture of the front and back of the check
- Enter the following details; check amount, where to deposit it (savings, checking etc.)
- Confirm email for receipt
Funds are typically available in 1-2 business days. Check deposits may be subject to a longer hold period according to our Funds Availability Policy. You will be notified via the email you provided in Online Banking if longer holds will apply.
Give us a call at (651) 747-1500 if you have any questions about mobile deposit.
Rejected items will not be able to be re-submitted using mobile deposit, you will need to do the deposit at one of our branches. Please review the following FAQ's to ensure your deposits do not get rejected.
What types of accounts are eligible for mobile deposit?
Personal and business checking accounts are eligible for mobile deposit. You must have a valid and current email address on file with us to use the mobile deposit service. You will see a camera icon on your checking account screen in the mobile app. Tap that icon to begin the process. You must be enrolled in online banking in order to use the mobile app and mobile deposit.
What mobile devices can be used?
Mobile deposit is designed to work with our free iPhone and Android apps.
How should I endorse my check?
- Checks must be properly endorsed by all payees
- You must note "RDC" on the front of the check and "For SMW Mobile Deposit only" on the back
- Checks made to multiple payees will only be accepted if all payees are joint on the deposit account. If the check is made payable to both you and a joint owner, either party can endorse.
Please note: If the back of the check is not properly endorsed, we reserve the right to reject the check for deposit, which will require the check to be presented at one of our branches for deposit.
What happens if my check is rejected?
We will reverse the deposit on your account and notify you via email if we reject your deposit for any reason, and you will need to present the item for deposit at one of our branch locations. Please ensure we have a current email on file for you so you get the proper notice if a check is rejected.
Once my check is endorsed how do I make my deposit?
- Once your check is properly endorsed you will need to log into your account using the mobile app.
- Tap the camera icon on your checking account
- Enter the amount of the check and click "Next"
- Confirm the amount and click "OK"
- Click on "capture front of check" and either "save" or "discard" and try again if the picture isn't clear. Ensure the top, bottom, and side edges of the check are all visible.
- Click on "capture back of check" and either "save" or "discard"
- After you have saved a clear image of the front and back of the check click on "Finish"
When will the funds be in my account?
Generally, the funds will show up in your account immediately, but the deposit is subject to a 2-day hold. We will make the first $100 available immediately. We reserve the right to place an extended hold on the deposit.
How long should I hold onto my check after submitting via mobile deposit?
We recommend you store your check in a safe place for 60 days and then discard (we recommend shredding). We also recommend that you put a note on the front corner of the check that you deposited the check via mobile deposit and the date you did the deposit, so you know when 60 days has passed and so you do not accidentally try to re-submit the check.
Is there a cost for using mobile deposit?
No, the service is free!
Are there deposit items that cannot be submitted using mobile deposit?
- Any item drawn on the same account in which you are making the deposit
- Third Party Checks – Checks payable to someone else and then endorsed and signed over to you
- Incomplete items- Missing the date, payee, signature of the maker of other required information
- Non-negotiable items – Items that are stamped with the "non-negotiable" watermark
- Altered checks – contains evidence of a change to the information on the face of a check
- Foreign checks – any check that is drawn on a financial institution in another country
- Stale Dated checks – checks may contain instructions such as "Void 90 days after issue date." If no instructions are contained then the check is stale 6 months after the issue date.
- Checks dated later than the date of deposit
- Returned checks – any check that had been previously returned due to insufficient funds, stop payments or other reasons.
- Money orders and Travelers Checks
What are the deposit limits?
Limit per deposit is $7,500
How can I view my mobile deposit history?
Click on the camera icon in the mobile app and then click the "Previous Deposits" button to view your history
What issues may prevent a check from being accepted once the photo is taken?
There are a number of factors that could cause your check to be rejected during the mobile capture process. The following are some of the errors that could occur:
- The MICR line (line on the bottom of the check containing the account information) may not be clear or may have been cropped in the picture taking
- The check amount could not be read
- The check number could not be read
- The front signature was not detected or is missing
- The endorsement on the back of the check is missing
- The picture is not clear
- The check amount entered does not match the actual check amount
If any of these errors occur you can retake the pictures. Make sure that you place the check on a flat, dark colored, well-lit, non-reflective surface. Ensure the top, bottom, and side edges of the check are visible in your camera preview window prior to taking the picture.